Friday, June 6, 2008

Incredible. Just incredible.

I just returned from Largo at the Coronet.
It's the first time in about 5 years for me, and I feel like I've died and gone to music heaven. All over again.

I am full to the gills with inspiration, and an overall sense of hope for the future of music.
Sara and Sean Watkins are just so super special, and the group of musicians (lap steel! mandolin! violin! tack piano!) were just perfect. Fiona singing roots, bluegrass and even a touch of Patsy Cline? Pinch me. A big finale with "When I'm Low I Get High" (originally by the Four Clefs). Somewhere out there is a recording of the song from the mid 1930s by Ella Fitzgerald with Chick Webb's Orchestra...but this version with Fiona accompanied by the Waktins siblings, Jon Brion, and the rest of the crew...it just had me riveted.

And then I get home to find a photo of tonight's Maui sunset in my email inbox. So I leave you with that.

I am going to bed completely satisfied.



No comments: