Thursday, June 5, 2008

Landed!




So, I'm here now. Last night I was so exhausted. I didn't sleep much on the plane, but almost finished reading The China Study, a great book that discusses the most comprehensive research done linking diet/nutrition to disease. It's incredible the things that we were taught that are just complete LIES. I highly recommended this book if you've got disease in your life, or if you're like me, and want to avoid it at all costs.

This morning, my mom and I ate at the Secret Spot, which is an incredible local food joint in Huntington Harbor that serves incredible vegan (and non vegan) dishes, with a great relaxed atmosphere.

Tonight, I'm taking my mom to see The Watkins Family Hour at the new Largo location. Largo used to be on Fairfax Ave in West Hollywood, across the street from Canter's. But now, its on La Cienega in the old Coronet Theatre. Tonight, the Watkins folks (members of Nickel Creek) are welcoming Fiona Apple as their guest. Should be an incredible time.

And I leave you with my short gallery of photos from the last 24 hours:

2 comments:

joewouldgo@gmail.com said...

I love you all the way across the ocean!

Aloha

Tall Joe

Buy a dog said...

MAMA! <33
I saw Fiona Apple with Nicklecreek too! Last year on Central Parks Summer Stage...