Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Packing....

Well, I'm just about done getting all of my things together.
I'm going to Southern California to meet up with my mom (she's from Long Island, NY). Mom's visiting with family. I'm going to also visit with family, and try to steal my mom away for a brief road trip to Joshua Tree. Right now it's about 10:30pm and in 12 hours I'll be in the sky.

Today was a bit of a hassle, getting so much taken care of before leaving work for a whole week. I guess it's par for the course, but I was determined and managed to finish my "to do" list. In the middle of that frenzy, I managed to absorb the following from today's headlines and happenings:
  • Obama is the Democratic Candidate for the President of USA. An event The Nation calls "America's Moment". Here's a link to his Victory Speech.
  • The Summer Youth Camps I'm putting together are finally launched, as of this morning. If anyone knows any teens or tweens that want to roll up their sleeves and make some motion pictures on Maui this summer, send them here.
  • This woman is an angel. Why? She loaned me her NEW bag to use as a carry on during my trip (I am determined not to check bags during Mercury Retrograde).
  • Another two friends from high school found me on Facebook today. It's crazy...after all of these years, getting to know each other again. Via computer?
Okay, well. I've still got more to go before bed...so, good night! I'll likely send another message when I get to the other side. Of the Pacific.

Aloha.

No comments: